PDA

View Full Version : Innokin Itaste MVP V2.0

Snaggletooth
10-16-2014, 11:51 PM
I joined the Mod club today. I just bought my first Mod, the Innokin Itaste MVP V2.0. I love this thing, for about 5 months I was using both the Kanger Evod Twist and the Vision Spinner batteries. Both batteries go from 3.3 to 4.8 volts. This is my first experience with a Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage device.The store I bought it from is Vapers On Bloor in Toronto, ON Canada. The store owner cut $10.00 off the price from $79.99 to $69.99. My wife helped me buy by giving me $100.00. She told me that she would help me buy e-cigarette supplies because e-cigarettes saved my life by helping me quit smoking.

Psykotica
10-17-2014, 08:17 AM
WTG Snaggletooth! Although it has had a few issues, my first "mod" was the original SVD and I loved it!!! Congrats for staying off the stinkies....and don't tell your wife that mod "shiny-itis" may stretch her Vape budget a little. Lol. ;)

Snaggletooth
10-17-2014, 05:20 PM
My wife gave me $100.00 to help me get the e-cigarette supplies I needed. I went to three Vape Shops yesterday in the downtown core in Toronto. The first shop I went to was Vapourstix. There I boubought 3 e-liquids. They were as follows, Irish Chocolate Mint, Caramel Apple and Red Bull. I also bought a new Kanger Protank 3 Mini. The next shop I went to was Goodlife E-cigarette. There I bought 2 e-liquids, Key Lime Pie and Honeywood Tobacco by Vaperchase Brews. I also bought 4 muffler style drip tips. The last shop I went to was Vapers On Bloor. There I bought was the Innokin Itaste MVP V 2. The owner of Vapers On Bloor took $10 off the price off the Innokin Itaste MVP V 2. The Innokin Itaste MVP V 2 came with 2 of the iClear 16 clearomizers. What does everyone think of the iClear 16?

Anonymous
10-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah maaan. The MVP was my first upgrade to the eGo batteries.

Igor_in_CH
10-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Snaggletooth congrats on making the switch, the MVP is a great mod, I've had one for more than 8 months now and still take it everywhere, it's all scratched up and dinged but it just keeps on working. The iClear 16's are a decent beginner clearo but you'll tire of it quickly. If you want a great vape shop, check out The Vapeshore The Vapeshore (http://www.thevapeshore.com) they're on Lakeshore in Etobicoke, great products and great customer service too. You would have gotten your MVP for $59.99 there at regular price...

Snaggletooth
10-21-2014, 05:54 AM
I need help with the Innokin Itaste MVP 2. I'm not sure how many watts to use. The clearomizers I am currently using is the Kanger Protank 3 Mini. The coil heads that I am using are rated at 1.8 ohms. I tried using 11 watts, I kept having dry hits. What volts/watts should I using?

Vapowulf
10-21-2014, 05:59 AM
Try 8W or 3.8V. Adjust up or down to taste.

Amnion
10-21-2014, 06:07 AM
I need help with the Innokin Itaste MVP 2. I'm not sure how many watts to use. The clearomizers I am currently using is the Kanger Protank 3 Mini. The coil heads that I am using are rated at 1.8 ohms. I tried using 11 watts, I kept having dry hits. What volts/watts should I using?Took the words out of my mouth Vapowulf, I don't type fast enough LOL.
You can also do some primer (unpowered) puffs to keep the wicks wet.

Snaggletooth
10-21-2014, 06:44 AM
I was using 5 volts, is that too high for a 1.8 ohm coil?

Vapowulf
10-21-2014, 06:59 AM
I was using 5 volts, is that too high for a 1.8 ohm coil?
Generally, yes. Try 3.8V and adjust up or down to taste.

Snaggletooth
10-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Another question I have is one of the Kanger Protank 3 Mini I am using, I think that the coil is bad. Here's the kicker I put that coil in yesterday. It was brand new right out of the package. What does this mean? Is the coil a dud?

Amnion
10-21-2014, 07:12 AM
You may have "fried" that coil trying to fire it @5v.
Keep in mind the minis with "stock" coils are designed to work with regular Ego/Evod batteries that output 3.7v - a 1.8ohm coil fired at 3.7 volts = 7.6 watts.
With the MVP's upper range of 11 watts, I don't think it was actually firing @5v.. On that coil that would mean almost 14 watts.

Snaggletooth
10-21-2014, 07:36 AM
I just put that Protank 3 Mini on my MVP. The ohm reader said 9.2 ohms. Does that mean that the coil is fubard? Is there any way I can save that coil or should I toss it out?

Amnion
10-21-2014, 07:49 AM
I just put that Protank 3 Mini on my MVP. The ohm reader said 9.2 ohms. Does that mean that the coil is fubard? Is there any way I can save that coil or should I toss it out?You can make sure the coil is tight in the PT3, try on another device etc. If it still reads 9.2 ohms, I'd say it's done... You could save it in case you get into rebuilding them one day.

Snaggletooth
10-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Could I put the coil in vodka to clean it? Would that work or should I not do it?

BX fan
10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
My dirty coils still read at or near their intial ohms. Make sure your threads are clean and your connection is good - if it's still reading 9 ohms i'd say it's done.

Snaggletooth
11-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Has anyone else have this problem? Quite a few of my Kanger Protank 3 Mini's don't screw on the Ego threading of my Innokin MVP v2. I noticed the problem today, more specifically this evening. What can I do to fix this problem? Thankfully my MVP is still under warranty from the vape shop in Toronto where I bought it.

DWDawg
11-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Sounds like your threads are damaged on your MVP Clean them with rubbing alcohol and have a good look at them

Snaggletooth
11-06-2014, 05:47 AM
I tried cleaning the threads with rubbing alcohol. The problem is the the threads of my MVP don't even grab the threads of the Protank 3 Mini's.

>