PDA

View Full Version : Sigelei 100 watt or IVP?

Vape32
10-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Just as the title says. I'm looking to buy a new box mod, and these two are options i'm interested in. Anyone have any opinions on them?

KVapes
10-11-2014, 06:05 AM
I don't have one but I believe they use the same chip SX330 V3 so it comes down to aesthetics and 510 connection. Both look a little big to me and no USB charging kinda sucks
Just my 2 cents.

Air Blower
10-11-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm currently using the IPV 2 and love it.

Find 50W is more than enough to suit my dripping needs and works great for my Kfun and various other RTA's.

My only criticism would be that the battery (using an Efest 2600MAH 35 Amp) drains quite quickly so I tend to use it mostly while at my laptop or driving when I can utilize the pass through.

I'm using a Tohb atty with a 1 ohm coil (28G) and a Patriot at about .4 ohm (24G).

After a few months of mechs I love the fact that I can once again fine tune my device to my setup and juice selection!

Air Blower
10-11-2014, 08:41 AM
BTW, Global Haze sells the IVP 2 and Haze Vape Co. sells a Hana Mod clone.

Both are brick and morters Calgary.

Regulated (http://www.hazevapeco.com/category-s/1837.htm)

E-Cigarette (http://www.globalhaze.ca/)

Vape32
10-11-2014, 03:44 PM
BTW, Global Haze sells the IVP 2 and Haze Vape Co. sells a Hana Mod clone.

Both are brick and morters Calgary.

Regulated (http://www.hazevapeco.com/category-s/1837.htm)

E-Cigarette (http://www.globalhaze.ca/)

I'll go check it out at Global Haze. thanks. I already have a DNA30 and was just looking for something different. I guess i really don't need more than 50 watts as i usually don't go over 28watts. The Sigelei just looks so inviting though.

Air Blower
10-12-2014, 09:57 AM
I'll go check it out at Global Haze. thanks. I already have a DNA30 and was just looking for something different. I guess i really don't need more than 50 watts as i usually don't go over 28watts. The Sigelei just looks so inviting though.Ahhh!

So how do you like your DNA30?

Any words of wisdom on best builds for these types of devices to increase battery life?

I know building higher ohm coils goes a long way. Just hate using 28G and higher kanthal as it's just to finicky to work with and find trying to jam too many wraps into a small deck like on my Patriot to be a major pain.

I admit to looking at the Segelei too...but told my wife this was the last device I was going to buy!
:p

Vape32
10-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Ahhh!

So how do you like your DNA30?

Any words of wisdom on best builds for these types of devices to increase battery life?

I know building higher ohm coils goes a long way. Just hate using 28G and higher kanthal as it's just to finicky to work with and find trying to jam too many wraps into a small deck like on my Patriot to be a major pain.

I admit to looking at the Segelei too...but told my wife this was the last device I was going to buy!

Hahaha i hear ya. I like my DNA30. I don't usually build anything under about 0.6ohms so battery life isn't too bad. I only drip at night when i'm home and use my Taifuns, Kayfuns and Foggers during the day at about 1-1.2ohms, and mostly on my mechs so i'm probably not the best to give words of wisdom as i simply don't use the DNA all that much. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some advice on that issue.

Homeslixe
10-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Ipv3. Up to 8v, true watts if you sub ohm. I'll be using it at 50 watts and with two 18650s it should lay the whole day

drunknfoo
10-31-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with either or.

I decided to grab the Sigelei cause I didn't like the feel of the IPV3 buttons and the charge port idea didn't make too much sense to me as you should have the batteries on rotation. (at least this is what I've read).

I've received my Sigelei 100W (v2) from Eciggity.com. Paid $109 CAD with no custom ding.

It's rock solid! Comes with 5 additional center pins, battery terminals fixed, magnets are strong.
The screw holes on the back plate is unnecessary, but I added them because it aesthetically looks better with the screws. (Just waiting on my skin from jwraps)

Only inconvenience is scrolling through the wattage.
i.e going from 10 to 17, you'll overshoot it by 5 due to the sudden increase in speed.

8.5 max voltage gives you more than enough room to play with. 100W is great for cloud chasing if you have an atty for it.
For shits and giggles I made a .15 ohm quad micro coil in my poseidon and tested it out at a 100W, if it wasn't for the airflow I wouldn't dare trying 100W.

Sigelei is also to release the '100W Plus' where there are a few cosmetic changes, floating pin and magnetic fire buttons. No technical info has been released yet.

wheelie
10-31-2014, 04:55 PM

Why tell the wife? ..... I just say.... Oh I forgot I ordered that one. LOL

drunknfoo
11-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Why tell the wife? ..... I just say.... Oh I forgot I ordered that one. LOL

Or pretend you won it:D

Im a Monster
11-23-2014, 12:40 PM
I've received my Sigelei 100W (v2) from Eciggity.com. Paid $109 CAD with no custom ding.

Would that be $109CAD before shipping, or aftershipping?

drunknfoo
11-23-2014, 12:44 PM
After

Vap_Lama
11-23-2014, 05:40 PM
I got both and love them.
The IPV2 is smaller and a bit easier to handle but the feeling of the Sig is amazing. I really like the power switch.
I drip at around 35 W so either have plenty of power.
100 W does give little bragging rights.

>