PDA

View Full Version : My Boxmod Experience so far

Nicklfire
10-03-2014, 06:24 PM
So...

I finally did it. I got a boxmod... i never thought the day would come. Way back when i started seeing them at the start i was like wow... that is massive.. the more i saw it the more i got used to it. Last week i started using a itaste vtr. The things heavy first off.. i was watching one of the reviews on it and they said the same thing which is why i kind of got it lol.

It reminds me of the vamo in a odd way when that thing was new... sort of the cool new thing.. this is new to me.. so i guess makes sence.

After using a hybrid for so long and then trying this iclear16 the taste is so off... really dont enjoy it.. so i think i'll have to switch it up to some other clearo or just screw my prow-t on it lol. I gotta admit though clearomizers have certainly come a long way from the ce4, so many more choices.

The thing about the boxmod is that it lasts me longer then my mech does... it's more consistant.. which is nice.. but lacks the flavor so i guess the tank will need to change. I like it because it's sturdier... build well.. i love the battery door mechanism for some odd reason. The led is nice and bright.. i like the battery light indicator telling you how much is left on the battery.. really nice feature over a mech anyways lol.

I guess i'll have to get into dripping to really see the power of this thing eh:)

larktdl
10-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Glad to hear you are liking the VTR ----> Heavy and well built. Not sure if the The Aspire Nautilus (BVC) will work with the VTR, if it does I suggest you try it. It is one of the better clearo tank systems. Drippers are great too, so give both a try.

Igor_in_CH
10-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Nicklfire the Nautilus Mini with the BVC's is close enough to my Krakens that I'm considering selling those, coils are lasting me from 10-14 days and flavour and vapour is pretty darned good!

Nicklfire
10-04-2014, 09:57 AM
great to hear igor, might have to really consider giving the tank a go then. I have only heard good things about them and just starting now to get back into clearo's so that seems like a good one to test with. This iclear16 the flavor is just so muted... really turns me off

Ursadorable
10-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I just bought a Vaporshark rDNA yesterday. So far I'm sort of unsatisfied with it. I found out after the fact that it doesn't go below 0.4 ohms, and it only seems to VW instead of VV. For my sub-ohm builds, seems I'll keep using my Nemesis.. but single coil RDA builds, I'll keep trying the rDNA and see if my opinion improves at all. Running a 0.6ohm 8 wrap 24 guauge single coil on my trident, and it seems to work ok, dual coil, forget it.

amoca
10-05-2014, 04:52 PM
great to hear igor, might have to really consider giving the tank a go then. I have only heard good things about them and just starting now to get back into clearo's so that seems like a good one to test with. This iclear16 the flavor is just so muted... really turns me off
I hate the Iclears, the 30 and the 16s- yucky. What about a mini aerotank? You sell those! (Nauti too, right?). I love my aerotank mini, and just got a Genitank which is basically the same thing only not stainless steel but chromed copper. It does have a few changes the aerotank doesn't- I like the air holes better on this one better as you can see them a bit better than the Aerotank's design. I switched out the glass so it would be pretty...lol and I'm happy so far with it.

Sgt_Smut
10-06-2014, 06:16 AM
I started on the iClear line after getting tired of leaky Evod and T3S tanks from my local shop. I have both 16's and 30's, and the one thing that I have found, is that they are really good for some juices, and really bad for other juices. Some of my favourite juices taste bleh in the iClear line, and yet some others don't taste right to me unless they are in an iClear tank.

I'm a fan of cherry juices, and the one from one of my local shops tasted fantastic in both the 16 and the 30. So much so that I figured I'd get a second 30 and use it for other juices. I found the same thing you mentioned, the flavour was very muted, which disappointed me greatly.

I've since moved on to Drippers and Kayfuns for the most part, but I still have a few juices that I find just don't taste right unless they are in a iClear 30. Case in point, I just filled up my Big Buddha tank with some Stinky Canucks Beaver drops, and I'm finding it just doesn't taste right. I'm used to vaping it in a 30, or in one of my Aerotanks, and I'm finding the flavour just isn't there.

My goal right now is to get away from tanks that I have to replace the heads in like the iClear or the Aerotanks. I'd rather spend my money on juice rather then replacement heads, but that's just me. It's also one of the reasons I haven't gotten a Nautilus tank, because you have to replace the heads.

Now, as for the box mod, I'm still loving my MVP2, but I'm saving up for something like a Hana, or maybe even a Vaporshark. I'm also considering building my own box, but that's more of a project idea than anything else at this point.

Anonymous
10-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Some people have managed to rebuild the 16/30 heads with cotton. Not a clue how but might have to try that out.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk

>